Monday, July 6

Top 5 Life Changing Products


I got into the makeup game pretty late because I always felt like makeup didn’t work for me. I had a hard time finding the right products that gave me the “WOW!” factor and it was pretty disappointing buying a product only to end up being very let down by it. However, these five products made me believe that there was hope for a girl like me struggling to learn about makeup and how to make it work for her.

I’ll show you how each of these products have helped me to create a great go-to makeup look. Any other products that I have used, I will mention at the end but the main focus is these life-changing five products.
Bare faced and ready to go!

bareMineral’s Original Foundation Broad Spectrum SPF 15
I got this product in the sampler back in 2009. I successfully made it last for a while because a little bit goes a long way with this baby and contrary to popular belief, I don’t wear makeup every day. I loved how it made my skin look so effortless, airbrushed, and FLAWLESS. I always got compliments on my skin because it evened everything out and just added such a lift to my dull skin. I solely use bareMinerals’ foundations because they do such a wonder for my skin. It’s so lightweight that it literally looks and feels like you’re wearing nothing on your skin and it just looks like your skin but better.

Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz
Do I need to explain? Never have I had nice looking brows until I tried this. I tried pomades, but they made my brows look too fake and dark. This pencil adds the perfect amount of color to make my eyes look bold but natural. I have also never had my eyebrows done (waxed, threaded, plucked, etc.) so it is easy for me to fake a tamed looking brow now.

Foundation and Brows

e.l.f. Essential Shadow Lock Eyelid Primer in Sheer
Never did I know that eyeshadow could look glorious on my skintone before using this primer. I always had the problem of shadows never looking pigmented enough, but when I swipe this baby across my lid it really changed my confidence in wearing eyeshadow. Eyeshadow primer is a must, especially because I recently discovered that I have oily eyelids. You should have seen that creasing! I’m never going without my primer again.

e.l.f. Studio Cream Eyeliner in Black
This product taught me how to do my winged eyeliner to the highest of fleek. Did I use that right? I don’t really care if I did or not because that’s how I feel about how my eyeliner looked. This liner has great staying power and I miss using it every day like I used to. I was never a liquid liner person so I tried this gel liner and it really helped me learn to do a feline flick. Also this liner is three dollars so how can you not try this liner to learn to do a feline flick?

Eyes primed and my gel liner on

MAC Lip Liner in Chestnut
I finally got my first MAC lipstick last year maybe and I absolutely loved it. It was in the shade Touch, but the thing that made me love it the most was the lip liner I used. I was solely using my Chestnut liner with the Touch lipstick, but then I had a brilliant idea; why not pair this liner with other lipsticks that are a little too light that you wasted money on Keyerra? Low and behold my favorite lipstick pairings were born. This lip liner has changed how I feel about nude lipsticks. It had helped me to create great lipstick looks without looking like my lips are made of ash. I always get compliments when I pair Chestnut with my Laura Mercier lipstick mentioned in this post. It is the perfect nude.

Lined the outer rim of my lips and it looks a little weird.
And this is the finished look. These products have really shaped the way I do my makeup and give me a really fresh looking face. My love for beauty has really grown because I found products that have helped me make makeup work for me and my style and that is a very important thing I feel.


Other products used:
The Body ShopAll-In-One InstaBlur Primer
bareMinerals Complexion Rescue in Chestnut
Urban Decay Naked Skin Weightless Complete Coverage Concealer in Dark
L’Oreal Paris Brow Stylist Plumper in Medium to Dark
Clinique All About Shadow Single Shadow in Black Honey (as a bronzer)
the Balm Instain Blush in Swiss Dot
Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette  (Limit, Nooner, and Blackheart)
Laura Mercier Crème Smooth Lip Colour in Spiced Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment