Monday, July 20

The Ultimate Lady's Razor:The 4X Razor by Dollar Shave Club







Being a lady can be expensive, especially when it comes to shaving. It is not uncommon to hear women complain about how razors designed specifically for women are so much more expensive than men’s razors. I recently started using men’s razors instead of women’s razors to cut down on cost, but it still ended up burning a hole in my wallet. After seeing the countless ads for Dollar Shave Club pop up on my Facebook Newsfeed, I figured I might as well give it a shot and decided to try it out.

With some research, I decided to order the 4X which would cost $6 a month. There are two other razors you can choose from, but I thought that that would be the perfect one for me. When you first purchase, you get the razor and four cartridges then you will receive four cartridges monthly for a six dollar fee. I also decided to purchase the Shave Butter because I wanted to see how that product would work for my sensitive legs. My skin is very sensitive and is prone to break outs on my legs if I use certain products. I will never forget the Nair scare when my legs turned bright red for a week while I was on vacation and all I had were shorts and skirts. Anyways, my total after purchasing the razor and Shave Butter was $14, which is completely unheard of when purchasing razors. Normally my razors alone are around $14 so I could definitely see how this was a money saver.

When my package arrived, I was very excited to try my new razor out. Unfortunately, I do not have any photos of my unboxing, but it arrived in a small brown box with pamphlets for directions and information about the product. The razor was heavy and the blades were in a compact brown sleeve. It was very minimal and professional. No BS, just how I like it.

My legs a day after being shaved. They're still smooth and there is no irritation like I normally feel after shaving.

I will share some TMI with you, because I want to be honest about this review. You need to know this so you can understand why I call this the Ultimate Lady Razor: I do not shave often. If I shave, I normally will just shave my legs from the knee down and my pits. I’m hella single, so I don’t feel stressed about shaving above the knee or other areas because no one is going to see that. Also, my legs can feel very irritated after shaving and often hurt. I decided to put this razor to the test and do a full body shave. Most times that I decide to do a full body shave, it takes two sessions. This razor was able to give me a completely hairless and smooth body in one session without having to replace the cartridge. The cartridge was completely clean after leaving me with the closest and smoothest shave I have ever received. I would recommend this razor to anyone who is looking to invest in a quality razor while also saving a lot of money on cartridges. I am so excited to shave now because I know that it will not be a hassle.


The Shave Butter was also very nice on my skin. The smell is that of subtle men’s cologne which I actually enjoy because it pairs well with my Eucalyptus Spearmint sugar scrub that I use. Exfoliating after shaving is another key helping to ensure a nice, smooth shave.


If you do decide to try Dollar Shave Club out, let me know what you think about it. Until then, have a lovely day and I’ll be back Wednesday with another post!

No comments:

Post a Comment