Wednesday, July 22

Something For Myself: My Decision to Have Breast Augmentation Surgery

2009, 2009, 2015, 2014, 2014
Plastic surgery is often looked down upon as something people have when they are shallow or filled with self-loathing. People think that you do not love yourself if you want to change yourself, but I have never thought that way. In my opinion, if you have something about yourself that you do not like and you have the means to change that, why not change it? This is why I have decided to go forth with the process to have breast augmentation surgery.

A very sweaty me at the Sweetlife Music and Food Festival this year. I'm braless if you can't tell. (2015)
I have struggled with my appearance for as long as I can remember. Ever since I was little, I have just been extremely tiny and have never really grown much since middle school. I’ve been around the same height, weight, and shape for my entire life; extremely thin and lanky with no curves. I would sit and wonder when my boobs would come in, but they never did. I got picked on a lot by other people and still often do about the size of my boobs. Sometimes I play along, but other times it hurts my feelings and I hate being the butt of a joke daily.

Me, last year, at an Ed Sheeran concert (2014)
I am recently learning to love myself as I am, but I do not feel that I should be stuck with a body that I am not fond of just because society tells me that I’m perfect the way I am and I should love myself as is. I don’t feel perfect, so I should have the ability to change the things that I do not like. However, I don’t want people to think that I am doing this for the wrong reasons. I am not doing this for superficial reasons except for the mere satisfaction of waking up and liking what I see when I look in the mirror. I do not want to be defined by my boobs. I believe that I will still be the same old Keyerra, just with slightly bigger boobs who is happier about her body.

Me on Halloween two years ago (2013)
I have wanted this procedure for years, but never took the initiative to do any research or meet with surgeons until recently. I have met with a surgeon and am planning on meeting with others to find the perfect one and set my date. This is a journey that will be very long and I know that not everyone will be happy with my decision or support me. I am not asking anyone to. This is something that I am doing for myself and anyone’s objections are not a concern of mine.

If you are going or have gone through this process, I would love to hear your stories, feedback, or advice. Any help would be appreciated. Also, if you are thinking about going through this process, I would love to talk about this with someone who can relate to what I am going through. Thank you for reading about this personal journey for me and I cannot wait to keep you posted with information as it comes. I will be back on Monday with a new post to share!


Have a lovely weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment