Monday, July 13

Summery Coral Lip: Estée Lauder Pure Color Envy Matte Sculpting Lipstick in Restless



It is no secret that I absolutely adore Kendall Jenner. So when I found out that she had collaborated with Estée Lauder and released an exclusive, limited edition lip color, I screamed “Take my money!” and purchased it immediately.

The shade is called Restless and it is described on the website as “Part poppy. Part orange crush. All matte.” It is an absolutely gorgeous matte coral color that is so pigmented and moisturizing that it has been hard for me not to wear this every day. The lipstick comes in a signature Estée Lauder case with Kendall Jenner’s signature on the lid in coral, adding to my love of this lipstick. Many of my friends have gazed at me with wide emoji eyes as I told them the amount that I paid, but I feel as though the price stamp is definitely worth it.

Swatch of Restless
This is my first Estée Lauder lipstick, and the formulation blew me away. I absolutely love matte lipstick because I am not much of a fan of gloss or shine, but some matte formulations are hard to wear. Although this lipstick is matte, it doesn’t leave my lips dry and flaking like some matte lipsticks I own. My favorite thing about this lipstick, however, is not the formula. It is the satisfaction I get from the magnetic closure of the lid. Sometimes, I just open it to feel the magnetic closure and have my spirits lifted.
Straight from the bullet with red lip liner
Being a woman of color, I know that some bright lipsticks are hard to pull off. When I first swatched this shade, I was kind of scared to wear it out because I felt it was too bright. I tried it with a red liner and applying it straight from the bullet and I loved that, but I soon discovered that my favorite way to wear this is by patting it on the lips, blending it out with my fingertips, and slowly building up the color. The staying power is amazing and the pigmentation, as I mentioned earlier, is stunning. This has been my go to shade for the past few weeks and will continue to be my go to for the rest of the summer.

Patted on the lips with my finger. This is how it stayed throughout a day of shopping.

No comments:

Post a Comment