Friday, March 13

So, Who Is The Key

Hello! My name is Keyerra, also known as Key, and this is my blog for expressing my love of all things makeup, beauty, style, and anything else that I feel I should discuss.

Me on my birthday two weeks ago. I was so excited to have a sombrero!
Let me state a little disclaimer: I am nowhere near eligible to be a makeup artist, beauty guru, or style icon; I just love beauty and style as a hobby. I can spend hours watching beauty and style videos on YouTube, just getting completely lost in how amazing each look is and how everyone has their own take on different products. It’s absolutely amazing to me.

I was worried that being 24 was too old to start blogging; that this was something that you started in your teens and became a staple by your early twenties. However, my friends gave me the confidence to start this blog as a new hobby and I am very excited to start this new venture. I love talking about beauty and style, so much so that I wanted to start writing it.

On my 22nd birthday, attempting to lock down the sexy pout. Did I do it right?
P.S. Kylie Jenner got her overdrawn lip inspiration from me.
I got into makeup and beauty around four years ago, after I went through a rough breakup. Before that, I had never cared much about how I looked. I played sports in high school and found myself living in sweatpants and workout clothes. Not that there is anything wrong with sweatpants and workout clothes, but it seems to become a problem when you have two drawers full of sweatpants in your room. Dressing up for me was wearing a plaid button down, jeans, and flip flops. What was the meaning of a dress? I had no idea until I got to college. After my breakup, I decided that I wanted to try to learn how to use makeup, do my hair, and started experimenting with developing a sense of style. My style is always changing and I am always developing new loves or every day staples, so I figured that sharing this with others with the same passion would be a great outlet for me.

When I am not running this blog, I also run another blog with two best friends of mine called A Witty Threesome. That blog contains rather personal posts from the three of us and is a great outlet for me to talk about posts that are more opinionated and deeper than your typical beauty post, so I started this blog because I felt these posts would be out of place on AWT.


I am so excited to share this experience with everyone. I hope that you find as much enjoyment reading about my views on different products as I enjoy talking about it every Monday at noon EST!

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on starting your blog! I'm 23 and have only been blogging for a few months but have absolutely loved it, its such a nice community to get involved with! Enjoy x
    Bea
    www.thebeacollective.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! I'm really excited to get involved with the community as much as I can. I was so nervous to start but I'm feeling better knowing that there are others like me.

    Your blog is so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete