Monday, March 23

Minimalist Everyday Makeup



I’m a minimalist for everything in my life, especially when it comes to my makeup. That was one of the main reasons that I wanted to start blogging. I found it hard to find POC bloggers who did not put so much effort into extreme highlighting and contouring and focused more on a simple, wearable, every day face. Sometimes a simple base and eye look is just what you need to really make your face glow. I thought that I could help out other POC who are not too into very extravagant makeup looks and opted more for a minimalist look.

My every day makeup look is bare bones neutral everything. I may do a pop of color with the lip, but my base and eyes stay the same most days, unless it is a special occasion or I feel like trying something new.

BASE
I typically stick to my bareMinerals bareSkin Pure Brightening Serum Foundation in Bare Espresso and bareMinerals Stroke of Light Eye Brightener  in Luminous 4 for concealer. I have been using bareMinerals SPF 15 Mineral Foundation in Medium Dark (or Golden Dark in summer) since 2009. I have never used another foundation since because I felt like if it wasn’t broke, why fix it? I opted to switch to the liquid foundation because I trusted the company but wanted to try something new. I recently purchased their Complexion Rescue and am excited to try that for a while and give a review. I set my face with bareMinerals Tinted Mineral Veil. That is my go to setting powder that I have never strayed from.

I do not to any highlighting or contouring, simply because I have yet to find a bronzer for my skin tone that will add warmth to my face. Also, I’m afraid that if I do a highlight it will be too shiny. Any tips or suggestions would be great. I am still in the market for a good minimal contour, bronzer, highlight routine.

My go-to every day blusher is theBalm Instain blusher in Swiss Dot. It is so super pigmented, so a little bit goes a long way. I just love the flush of color that it gives to my cheeks. I recommend that to anyone who loves a nice peachy glow on your cheeks!

EYES/BROWS
For brows, I use my Anastasia Brow Wiz in Ebony and set that with Benefit Gimme Brow in Medium/Deep. I recently purchased L’Oreal Brow Stylist Plumper Gel Mascara in the shade Medium to Deep as a dupe for Gimme Brow, so I hope that goes well!

My eyeshadow, I keep very bare bones and basic. I use the shades Naked on my lid and Buck in my crease from my Urban Decay Naked Palette and my Tarte Gifted Amazonian Clay Smart Mascara for my lashes.

LIPS
For lips, I normally just use Vaseline to give my lips some moisture and then touch them up throughout the day with whatever lip balm I have thrown in my bag. I only do color on special occasions and for that I love a vampy dark lip.

I'm excited to try these new purchases. I will have a full review on how I feel about them as soon as I try them!

No comments:

Post a Comment