Monday, March 30

Monthly Favorites: March 2015

This has been the winter of me trying to combat the lack of moisture in my skin. It has been absolutely terrible this winter and I felt like there was nothing that I could do to help it. Luckily, I had made some purchases and received some gifts that have really helped out a lot. This has also been a month of me remembering how much I love Drake and discovering new hobbies!

BEAUTY FAVORITES

This duo has helped my skin so much this winter. The Vitamin E Starter Kit comes with a gentle facial cleanser, toner, and moisturizer. I use all three daily and it has helped add so much moisture to my skin.  Now, unfortunately the Vitamin E Starter Kit that I had purchased in store is not available online; fortunately for everyone, myself included when I go to repurchase, the Vitamin E Starter Kit that I did find comes with an additional item that I had not received, which is a night cream.

When I finish, I add my Vaseline to my lips either prior to applying my makeup or just because. It is the only product aside from Carmex that actually keeps my lips hydrated. I am so grateful to my dear, dear friend for buying that for me after witnessing my struggle of having chapped lips this season. I love to prep my lips before applying a bold lip color by exfoliating then applying my Vaseline. It really helps for the color to pop and not stick to dry patches.

This has been the best product that I have found for removing my makeup, even waterproof liquid liner and heavy duty mascara. It is amazing how fast and efficiently it can remove my makeup without a trace. The only thing that I don’t like about it is that it leaves my skin feeling a little too oily, but that is easily fixed with my Vitamin E gentle facial cleanser that I use immediately after the oil. Also, I do not like how whenever I type "camomile," spell check thinks that I have no idea what I am talking about.

NON-BEAUTY FAVORITES

“If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late” by Drake
Do I really need to explain? Drake is bae and I cannot stop playing this record. I listen to it all day every day. "Jungle" is by far my favorite track on the album, but I love every single track. I’m attending a Drake themed birthday party this weekend and I am hoping that this is played on repeat the entire time. Pictures with Drake balloons will be taken.

Blogging
I have loved blogging the past few months since starting AWT with my friends and TITK as a solo venture. I know that I only post once a week on this blog and once a week on my other blog, but I love the feedback that I get from friends, family, and readers. I like being able to talk openily about my interests and share my love for so many things. I was so nervous to blog because I thought that I would not be taken seriously or people would think that I was wasting my time, but the support has been great and I am so grateful. It’s really nice and I cannot wait to see how the blogs grow over the next year and so on.

I do not have a lot of favorites this month simply because everything that I have been using this month are things that I always use and have been using for years. I am trying to branch out and try new products that will hopefully become new favorites to rave about. I'm excited to see how my favorites change next month!

No comments:

Post a Comment