Monday, August 17

Just Call Me Dionne: 90’s Inspired Makeup Look Featuring Naked Smoky


Good Afternoon!

This weekend, I rocked this makeup look and god so many compliments on it while I was at work that I wanted to recreate it for a post! I have been obsessed with the Naked Smoky palette and my ColourPop Ultra Matte Lipsticks lately. The smoky neutrals and bold dark lip colors make me crave autumn so badly that I find myself just doing fall makeup looks regardless of if I am melting outside. This is a very easy makeup look that combines shimmery shadows with matte lips and a nice winged liner. I hope you enjoy!


For my base, I have been doing the same routine that I normally do, but for this look I used my Urban Decay Naked Skin concealer to highlight under my eyes, down my nose and t-zone, on my cupid’s bow, and on my chin. This concealer is great for really brightening up my face and making me look more awake.

The eyeshadow look is so simple for a nice neutral smoky eye look. I love the shades in the Naked Smoky palette so much and I feel like you can do so much with this palette because of the versatility. I started by using Combust (a matte tan shade) as a transition color all over my lid. Then I used Dirtysweet (a shimmery goldish tan shade) all over the lid over Combust. In my crease I used Radar (a shimmery dark gold shade) to add depth to my eyes. In my outer corner and on my lower lashline, I used Whisky (a matte chocolate brown shade) to give that beautiful smoky look. Whisky is my absolute favorite shade and the reason I keep picking this palette up every time I do my makeup. It is the most beautiful chocolate brown that I have ever seen. Finally, to highlight the inner corners of my eyes, I used High (a shimmery pale peach shade).


Winged liner is not my strong suit, but with practice I have been able to make a liner routine that works for me. Using my Kat Von D Tattoo Liner, I draw a little triangle in the outer corner to make the wing, and then fill it in only to the middle of my eye. Then using a black kohl liner, I draw the rest of the line in and also fill in my upper water line to make my lashes look thicker. I followed that up with the Benefit Roller Lash mascara, using the wand upside down because that is the only way I like to use that mascara.


When I make mistakes with my winged liner, the quickest way for me to correct it is to grab my Simple Micellar Water and a Q-Tip and wipe away the problem area. It is the fastest way to correct the problem while keeping your makeup intact, so don’t fret over those little liner mistakes!

Last but certainly not least, I finished the look with my ColourPop Ultra Matte Lipstick in Limbo to give that perfect 90’s lip color. All I need is a pair of Doc Martens and flannel to really set the 90’s mood.



This look is a perfect look to transition into the fall weather and even into winter. I cannot wait to continue to rock this in the upcoming months. I hope you enjoyed this post and have a wonderful day and I will see you Wednesday with a new post!

No comments:

Post a Comment