Wednesday, March 9

Finding a Skincare Routine for Me: Updated Skincare Routine

I have always struggled to find a skincare routine that felt like it was working for me. It took a lot of me learning about my skin, trial and error, and discovering my skin type. I am lucky that I do not have to deal with blemishes or acne scaring. My skin, however, is very dry; dry to the point where if I do not immediately put on moisturizer, the area around my mouth will turn ashy. It is a problem that I deal with every winter and it has been a frustrating experience to deal with.


Recently, I changed my skincare routine and people have definitely noticed a difference. I have gotten many compliments on how healthy and glowing my skin looks and it is all thanks to my No. 7 Skincare items, Mario Badescu facial spray, and my Paul Mitchell Marula Oil Treatment that I have been using for the past few months.

For my every day routine, I stick with four key products: No7 Beautiful Skin Melting Gel Cleanser, Mario Badescu Facial Spray with Aloe, Herbs, and Rosewater, Paul Mitchell Marula Oil Treatment in the light formula, and my No7 Beautiful Skin Day Cream.

These four products have really made an improvement on my skin. The gel cleanser starts as a gel and then turns into an oil as you rub it into your skin, adding moisture while removing any buildup that may have accumulated through the day. The facial spray just adds a refreshing boost of moisture that I can continue to use throughout the day if I feel my skin is getting dry. I keep a mini version in my purse if I need it on the go. The No7 Day Cream is a great moisturizer that I use for day or night because it really helps to add the finishing touches on sealing in the moisture that I put back into my face.

The Marula Oil was a surprising product that I recently started using, since I had originally purchased it for my hair. I was using it on my extensions to give my curls a boost without having to curl my hair again and it worked really well. However, when I took my extensions out, I felt like it was too light of a formulation for my transitioning hair. I started using it on my face right before I put on my moisturizer and it just really helped to lock in moisture that I felt like I had been losing during the winter months.

Two other products that I use when I need a little something extra are the No7 Beautiful Skin Radiance Exfoliator and Hydration Mask. The exfoliator is great at exfoliating my skin and helping to bring back brightness after a long week. I use it once a week to get any dead skin cells or impurities that have built up over the week. The mask is a wonderful mask that really helps to add an extra boost of moisture for my really dry skin days. The texture is something that you would need to get used to, as it kind of feels like glue when you apply it to your face; however, it does an excellent job at retaining moisture.

They have really helped me out during the winter months! Here is a makeup free selfie to show you how great it is!

 I really suggest trying some of these products if you have really dry skin like I do and see how they work for you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment